The salt water pool is still a chlorinated pool. When maintained properly, these irritations should not be so severe. A common problem with salt water pools is that owners / operators believe this is a “set it and forget it technology”. The pool water chemistry is evidentially off and the pool is probably not being shocked as it should be. I imagine high chloramines are present. If cyanuric acids are low, the chlorine will precipitate out and gaseous chlorine is formed. Without a water analysis, I cannot pin point the problem, but I am sure it is a combination of things with the water chemistry.