Natural calamities like floods, landslides, and storms can affect the quality of drinking water, leaving it unsuitable for use. Adding to this, water from fields and sewages may get mixed up as well. At times, unforeseen incidents like bioterrorism and oil spills can also affect water supplies. This is when high-quality emergency preparedness water filters will come to your aid. At Intec America, we provide various types of emergency water filters that are designed to filter out contaminants from water. We stock only water filters for emergency preparedness from trusted brands.
Common Contaminants You May Encounter in Water Supplies
Chemicals are the most well-known threat to any water system. They can contaminate water to the point of rendering it dangerous for human consumption. Additionally, your water may also contain the following:
- Parasites and Protozoa: Cryptosporidium, Giardia, and amoeba are some common types of protozoa known to cause harm to humans. These protozoa and parasites are not visible to human eyes and they can alter the taste and smell of water. You can easily get rid of them using reverse osmosis and UV filters.
- Bacteria: E. Coli has been a concern for most Americans in recent years. Stomach cramps, vomiting, and diarrhea are some common side effects of this bacteria. Typhoid and cholera are two common types of diseases caused by Salmonella and Vibrio bacteria. According to a report by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) published in 2019, every year, 2.8 million Americans get affected by various types of bacterial infections, with 38,000 of these cases resulting in deaths. To avoid bacterial infection, it is always recommended to employ reverse osmosis, UV filters, chemical disinfection, and boiling for emergency disinfection of drinking water.
- Viruses: Like bacteria, parasites, and protozoa, viruses are not visible to human eyes. They may measure only 0.004 to 0.1 micron in diameter and are known to cause severe health issues like gastroenteritis, hepatitis, polio, and meningitis. UV filtration and boiling are most effective in deactivating viruses. Additionally, you can use reverse osmosis systems, too.
- Organic and Inorganic Compounds: Volatile organic compounds or VOCs are hazardous compounds found in water. During natural calamities, flood water may infiltrate gas stations, landfills, dry cleaners and so on, wash down a large amount of chemicals, which will mix with private and public water supplies. Chlorine, heavy metals, fluoride, and arsenic are some known inorganic compounds that may get mixed with water. Reverse osmosis and activated carbon filters are two common types of emergency preparedness water filters used to remove VOCs and inorganic compounds from water. If required, you can boil water to reduce the chances of contamination.
- Turbidity: Flood water mixes with mud and organic matter and seeps into well water and public water supplies. This turbidity causes cloudiness and may often indicate the presence of chemicals and microbes. This is where emergency disinfection of water becomes important. As a part of this treatment, you can treat turbid water with UV light, chemicals, and boiling.
Types of Water Filters for Emergency Preparedness Offered by Intec-America
The following are a few popular types of water filters for emergency preparedness offered by Intec-America. These filters help remove heavy metals, chemicals, parasites, and organic matter from water.
- Air/Ozone Injection: The water laden with heavy metals and chemicals is treated with air filters. Enhanced Ozone Generators (EOG) available with us are used to filter high levels of hydrogen sulfide, iron, manganese, and so on. This system can also kill fungi, viruses, bacteria, and many disease-causing parasites.
- Cartridge Filters: As said before, flood water may mix with mud and sand, which would alter the color and taste of the water. Such water is made to pass through whole house cartridge filters, which can remove sand and particulates mixed in water. Whole house cartridge filters possess a large size and are designed for high flow rates. They are used in lead and PFOS removal.
- Backwashable Filters: These are self-cleaning filters used for removing various organic and inorganic chemicals present in water. We can provide customized solutions for these filters.
- Reverse Osmosis: These are one of the most popular emergency water filters used for filtering several contaminants introduced by natural calamities. We provide point-of-use (POU) systems that are generally installed under the sink to filter incoming water. The RO system features sediment, RO membrane, pre-carbon filter, and post carbon TCR filter. This 4-stage filtration system helps remove hardness minerals, sediments, and oxidants.
- UV Disinfection Systems: The systems use UV light to disinfect or kill waterborne pathogens. UV radiation can disrupt the DNA of microbes, thereby killing them permanently.
- Softening: Flood water may contain hardness minerals such as magnesium, calcium, iron, and sediments. The minerals form scaling on washing machines, water heaters, coffee makers, dishwashers, and plumbing systems. Our softener systems feature high-quality cation exchange resins, which help remove hard minerals from water. Nelsen C-Series softeners available with us are used in bathrooms, laundry, plumbing, and appliances to reduce scaling.
With increasing instances of natural calamities and bioterrorism, emergency preparedness has become the most important concern for many of our clients. To address these concerns, our experts have been working closely with them for several years. They understand the concerns and types of water contamination issues faced by users. To mitigate these concerns and issues, our experts have always tried to include only effective water treatment solutions in this list. These emergency water filters and sanitation systems have been perfected over years of research. Feel free to contact our team today to discuss your requirements for emergency water filters. We can assure you of customized solutions based on your requirements.
Products we offer
AIM Ozone Generator Systems
The most cost effective, efficient and reliable ozone generators on the market today
Nelsen - Ozotech EOG Ozone Generator
Enhanced Oxidation with OZONE. Natural, Chemical-Free Disinfectant
ENPR Pioneer - Lead & Cyst Removal System
The Pioneer POE filter is strategically designed to remove all forms of leads contamination from the whole house in single fiber.
Hydro-Safe® filtration systems from Watts®
Hydro-Safe water filtration system from Watts is 3-in-1 technology for superior performance.
Nelsen Poly-UF System
The Nelsen Poly-UF™ system offers filtration down to 0.02 micron at service flow rates up to 12gpm.
VIQUA-VH Series UV Water Systems
The VIQUA HOME family of compact UV systems provide a reliable and economical way to treat drinking water in virtually any residential application.
Get in touch
Are you ready for a Quote on your Project? Please fill out the following fields to request a quote, get more information or submit a testimonial..
Why Intec America?
Developed by NASA
Intec was the first to commercialize the NASA related research on the ionization technology
Ionization is least expensive alternative for maintaining your pool or spa.
Ionization is chemical free and chlorine free. Intec offers many technologies that are healthier for your family and better for the environment.
Intec has been offering new and innovative technologies to market for over 45 years.