Reverse osmosis systems or RO systems have been widely used for water filtration in commercial and residential applications for several years now. These systems help remove some of the toxic minerals and metals like lead chloride, arsenic, mercury, and fluoride from water. Is that all? There are several other water filtration systems that claim to do the same how does a RO system differ from them? Is it superior to other water filtration systems? This post offers reasons to use RO systems for water filtration and their increasing popularity.
5 Reasons to Use RO Systems in Your Home and Office
Reverse osmosis systems are equipped with a semipermeable membrane that can easily remove small molecules and ions from the water. In this technique, the pressure is applied to overpower osmotic pressure, thus, the name. RO systems are today replacing traditional filtration systems in many applications due to several reasons. The following are five prominent reasons that have contributed to their immense popularity.
- Highly Effective: With 99% effective filtration capacity, the reverse osmosis systems assure effective filtration over regular water filters. They can easily remove particulate matter and contaminants like lead chloride, arsenic, mercury, colloids, and pyrogens. It is one of the most effective methods to remove toxic elements from a large amount of water safely.
- Requires No Additional Treatment: Many filtration systems may demand additional treatment to remove contaminants from them. However, RO systems serve as a complete treatment in itself and require no additional chemicals or treatment. Thus, you can save on money for additional treatment.
- Tastes Better Than Tap Water: For most homeowners, tap water is the primary source of water and they use it for cooking, washing, drinking, and so on. Unfiltered tap water has a typical taste, which is disliked by most people. However, RO systems remove all contaminants including magnesium and sulfur, which are known to alter the taste of water, thereby providing a better tasting and much cleaner water to drink. Thus, it is a better choice for all those who are conscious about what they eat and how they cook.
- Immense Health Benefits: Isn’t removing contaminants one of the best reasons to use the RO system? Yes, it is and this system offers several health benefits, too. People who may be undergoing treatments are always careful about the quality of water they consume. This is because contaminated water may affect their immune system. Likewise, contaminants like cryptosporidium parasites are known to cause diarrhea, cramps, and fever in young people. This is where RO systems can help, as they remove several disease-causing bacteria and toxins from water. Thus, you can be assured of the quality of water you drink. Do you know they also help you to reduce your sodium intake? How. Most foods that we eat today contain a high amount of sodium, which is added in the form of salt or other preservatives. Increased sodium intake leads to liver disease, blood pressure, and kidney issues. Adding to it, unfiltered tap water is another major source of sodium. A RO system filters this sodium, thereby indirectly helping users to reduce their sodium intake.
- Available in Space-saving Designs: Owing to their efficiency and ease of use, today, it is quite easy to find these systems in space-saving designs. By choosing them you can easily save on space, money, and minimize your carbon footprint, too.
Although knowing these reasons would help you decide in favor of reverse osmosis systems, it is further important to source them from trusted sources. Owing to their popularity, today, one can find several cheaper versions of these RO filters in the market, which may not serve your purpose. To take advantage of this technology, it is always better to source these filters from brands like Intec-America. The company was one of the first to develop copper ionization systems for pools and spas. It also offers various types of water filtration systems for your office, homes, and industrial facilities.
Recent Blog Posts
- What is the Best Chlorine-free Treatment for Your Swimming Pool?
- Know How to Prepare Your Pool for Spring
- Ozone Water Treatment – Benefits and Uses Explained
- Pool Chlorine Shortage in 2021 and Effective Chlorine-free Pool Alternatives
- Pool Care Tips That Make the Pool Maintenance Effective
- Guide to Water Softener Issues, Maintenance Tips, and Replacement
- Hot Tub Chlorine Alternatives: What is Right for You
- Point-of-Use Vs. Point-of-Entry Water Treatment Systems: Features and Comparison
- Water Softener Vs Reverse Osmosis: What is Right Your Application?
- How Often Should You Clean a Swimming Pool?
- Opening your Pool
- How to Prepare Your Swimming Pool for Summer?
- How Often Should You Test Your Pool Water?
- 9 Healthier Alternatives to Chlorine for Swimming Pools