Water sanitation or access to clean water is a very basic aspect of life and must be available for everyone across the globe. Purified water is used for drinking and several other purposes. Water is purified using various techniques depending on the levels of contamination and the purpose of usage. Ozonation is one such effective technique of water sanitization, which has gained immense popularity in recent years. Do you want to know why this technique has become an integral part of various water sanitization treatments? If that sounds yes, you can read this post, which introduces you to this technique and its benefits.
A Quick Introduction to Ozonation System
Ozone is an unstable form of oxygen with the molecular formula O3. Similar to chlorine, ozone act as a strong oxidizing agent to disinfect water and deactivate viruses and bacteria. It also oxidizes iron and manganese into solid particles that can be filtered out. It is also effective in controlling or eliminating color, taste, and odor problems in ground water.
Being a highly unstable molecule with a short lifespan, it is challenging to transport or store it for a long time as the gas reverts to oxygen or O2. Thus, it is generated on-site. The process of making ozonated water involves the infusion of ozone gas into water. O3 is directly bubbled into the water and dissolved until the concentration of ozone in water goes down. Ozone water treatment is largely effective for water with low as well as high pH levels. With the potency of the system, water can be oxidized in minimum time. Once the process has been completed water can be further used for direct and indirect purposes.
Benefits of Drinking Ozone Water Analyzed
There are several reasons as to why choose ozonated water for drinking. These reasons may range from eliminating chlorine, odors, bacteria to boost the immune system and preventing overall health problems. Along with these, the following are some notable benefits of drinking ozone water.
- Ozonated water has proven to be safe and effective to heal ulcers and Helicobacter pylori, often referred to as H- Pylori infections.
- O3 therapy appears to be a great treatment for patients with advanced ischemic conditions, initial gangrene, burns, infected wounds, and so on.
- Ozonated water not only boosts the immune system but also lessen the amount of acute inflammation.
- This water may reduce gut diseases such as irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), leaky gut, and so on.
- Ozone water may also help purify blood, s balance oxygen to the brain, treating arthritis, and fighting viral diseases e.
- Ozone water may boost the activity of antioxidant enzymes – catalase and glutathione peroxidase.
Important Segments That Use Ozonation System
It is needless to say that ozone water treatment works best against odors, contaminants, and more. The purity of water makes it beneficial for several other usages mentioned below.
- Cleaning and Disinfection: Ozonated water can effectively kill viruses, bacteria, pesticides that are placed on objects or substances. Consider washing vegetables, fruits, fish, and meat in ozonated water to get rid of bacteria, viruses, and contaminants, while increasing the shelf life of the product. In addition to this, it also disinfects kitchen counters and surfaces by deactivating viruses and bacteria and getting rid of smells.
- Dental Use: Today, several dentists recommend using ozone water to treat oral infections. They are using ozonated water for dental treatment to reduce inflammation. Ozonated water works well if you have a high risk of tooth decay and cavities. Regular gargling using this water can also reduce the possibility of inflammation.
Owing to the above-mentioned benefits, it is a good idea to invest in a high-quality water sanitation system. To ensure the quality of the water, you must source it from a reliable manufacturer or supplier like Intec America. Over the years, the company has been offering end-to-end water treatment solutions using copper ionization.
Recent Blog Posts
- What is the Best Chlorine-free Treatment for Your Swimming Pool?
- 5 Benefits of Using Reverse Osmosis Systems for Water Filtration
- Pool Chlorine Shortage in 2021 and Effective Chlorine-free Pool Alternatives
- Pool Care Tips That Make the Pool Maintenance Effective
- Guide to Water Softener Issues, Maintenance Tips, and Replacement
- Hot Tub Chlorine Alternatives: What is Right for You
- Point-of-Use Vs. Point-of-Entry Water Treatment Systems: Features and Comparison
- Water Softener Vs Reverse Osmosis: What is Right Your Application?
- How Often Should You Clean a Swimming Pool?
- Opening your Pool
- How to Prepare Your Swimming Pool for Summer?
- How Often Should You Test Your Pool Water?
- 9 Healthier Alternatives to Chlorine for Swimming Pools